Often called the “king of oils,” Frankincense promotes feelings of peace and overall wellness when used aromatically, while topical and internal uses provide modern health benefits. Renowned as one of the most prized and precious essential oils, Frankincense has extraordinary health benefits.* In addition to its notoriety in the New Testament, the Babylonians and Assyrians would burn Frankincense in religious ceremonies and the ancient Egyptians used Frankincense resin for everything from perfume to salves for soothing skin. This centuries-old knowledge contributes to the modern uses of Frankincense today. It’s soothing and beautifying properties are used to rejuvenate skin and help reduce the appearance of imperfections.
Aromatic Description: warm, spicy, clean
- Anti-aging, skin rejuvenation, reduces wrinkles, fades stretch marks
- Reduces acne breakouts, and fades scars
- Reduces delays in menstrual cycle, and balances hormone levels
- Strengthens immune system, and prevents illness
- Boosts mood and battles depression. Relieves stress and anxiety
- Combats respiratory issues, infections
- Strengthens brittle nails when applied directly
- Lowers blood pressure
- Improves digestion
- Increases spiritual awareness
- Fights cancer and tumors
- Removes warts, and moles
- Reduces and relieves arthritis (rheumatoid arthritis)
- Reduces and relieves asthma
- mental fatigue
- Deepens meditation
- Frankincense has been used for various reasons for thousands of years. It was considered at one time more valuable than gold. It is also a very popular essential oil to use with pets.
- One Boswellia sacra tree can produce a couple of pounds of resin each year.1 If Boswellia sacra trees are properly cared for, the tree can produce resin for hundreds of years.
Blends well with:
- Lime, Lemon, Wild Orange, Cypress, Lavender, Geranium, Rose, Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang, Clary Sage for diffusion.
- Apply to skin to help repair sun damage, reduce scars and wrinkles, and minimize breakouts.
- Use in daily moisturizing routine for help with skin regeneration by using 1 -2 drops mixed into your face lotion, or 2-3 drops in body lotion, or jojoba oil.
- Remove warts and moles by applying on the spot 2-3 times a day
- Rub a fee drops onto the bottom of the feet and spine to support the immune system, and alleviate any nervous energy
- 1 drop of Frankincense on the head (third eye chakra) will clear doubt and confusion and bring clarity of mind.
- Diffuse during meditation for grounding and purpose.
- Take a stress-relieving bath soak with 3-4 drops of Frankincense essential oils
- Make a room spray by putting 15 drops of Frankincense, 15 drops of Grapefruit, and 30 drops of Douglas Fir into an empty glass spray bottle. Top off the bottle with purified water, and spray away!
- Get rid of razor bumps with this recipe.