Referred to as a “forbidden fruit” and one of the “Seven Wonders of Barbados, ” Grapefruit was first documented in 1750 by Welshman Rev. Griffith Hughes. The name “grapefruit” is attributed to the fruits growing in clusters which resemble those of grapes. Grapefruit's fresh, invigorating aroma is sure to uplift the mood and please the senses. Pressed from the rind, Grapefruit is more than just a fresh scent. Grapefruit’s cleansing and invigorating properties have made it a favorite among essential oil lovers.Grapefruit can also support a healthy metabolism. Grapefruit is an citrus oil, and when applying topically, it is important to avoid the sunlight for a minimum of 6 hours. It is best to use in your skin regiment in the evening.
Aromatic Description: citrus, floral, fruity
- Supports healthy metabolism
- Helps reduce mental and physical fatigue
- Beneficial for oily skin issues
- Reduces feelings of depression and anxiety
- Reduces cravings for unhealthy foods, and supports weight loss
- Jet lag
- Emotional balance and cleansing
- Gallbladder stones, kidney cleansing
- Removes sticky substances
- Anorexia and Bulemia
- Dry throat
- Diffuse to sharpen focus while studying or reading
- Add a few drops to your water to curb sugar cravings
- Create a glass cleaner by combining 1 1/2 cup white vinegar, 1/2 cup distilled water, and 8 drops Grapefruit EO.
- Add to a teenager's nightly facial routine to improve the appearance of blemishes. Mix with facial lotion.
- Create a detoxifying drink by adding 1 lemon sliced into rounds, 1 orange sliced into rounds, 1 lime sliced into rounds, 1 medium vanilla bean, and 1 drop of Grapefruit EO, into 2 quarts still water. All to steep for 2-3 hours, and drink daily.